The two-story building, 50 meters long and 20 meters wide, is constructed of cut stone. Featuring exquisite stonework, the building’s front and rear entrances consist of large doorways supported by two columns each. A third floor was added to the building during the tenure of Governor Muammer Bey (1913–1917). In 1978, the third floor was completely destroyed by fire, leaving only the exterior walls of the first and second floors intact. After undergoing extensive restoration, the building was returned to its original appearance in 1982 and reopened as the Government House.